UK Business Plan Writers: How to Hire
Are you on the lookout for the best UK business plan writers? A good business plan writer should be able to recognize and highlight the significant weak areas of your company. Moreover, they should know how to write convincingly, utilize the right keywords, and organize their business ideas in a cohesive manner that will get your company noticed.
Knowing the quality of service provided is critical since it will shape the impact of the work. Many unfit candidates are in the market, so it’s essential to consider the balance between quality and price.
Services Provided by UK Business Plan Writers
A business plan is fundamental to establishing a new venture or expanding business operations. However, writing accurate, informative, and persuasive business plans is not everyone’s tea.
If you are a new entrepreneur, you will have a sea of responsibilities to handle, such as communicating with the bank, preparing documents for investors, managing legal work such as permits, licenses, and any related fees, and looking for ways to promote your products/services, among a hundred other things.
During such a taxing time, you may be unable to create a well-researched, factually accurate business plan that tips the scales in your company’s favour. This is where a business plan writer comes in. Different companies and individuals in the UK provide various business plan writing services, but the following are among the most common.
- Doing thorough market research to understand industry trends, study competitors, and create a marketing plan to advertise your products or services
- Collaborating with you and your team to create the optimal strategies to establish or expand your Business
- Creating financial projections so you can prevent sudden liquidity issues
- Write a business plan in a way that appeals to your target market. It could include your team, partners, investors, financial institutions, venture capitalists, shareholders, etc.
- Drafting a comprehensive and well-structured financial plan that demonstrates the future profitability of the Business to attract potential investors or secure funding
- Assisting with refining your company’s business models and strategies, optimizing daily operations, and maximizing profitability
How much do UK Business Plan Writers Charge?
In general, the cost of a business plan will vary depending on the type of plan you need. Some techniques are simple, requiring only an executive summary and a short financial statement, whereas others require more than 50 pages of several years of financial projections and other complex details.
You can expect to pay anything from £500 to 3,000, and sometimes even £4,000 depending on the length of the document, the difficulty level involved, and the qualifications of the business plan writer. For instance, if you are in the financial sector, you may have to hire a business plan writer with a degree in Accounting & Finance and a strong background in the field. This could mean paying more than the average rate.
Factors Determining the Cost of a Business Plan Writer in the UK
- Location: Different areas in the UK charge different rates for a business plan. London, for instance, will have higher rates since it’s one of the world’s financial capitals compared to smaller cities.
- Specific requirements for the business plan: Some business plans, such as those for academic purposes, have their list of requirements regarding the number of pages completed, breakdown of financial figures, etc. The more requirements you have, the more you will have to pay.
- Scale and scope of the business/project: If your Business involves international markets, hiring a business plan analyst who can provide you with a proper business plan consultation and further guide you about the charges is better.
- The number of founders involved: Since every business plan needs to highlight the founder’s history and background to the success story of the business idea, some UK business plan writers may charge extra for bigger founding teams.
How long do UK Business Plan Writers take to write a Business Plan?
The time it takes to write a business plan varies depending on the business and business plan requirements. However, most writers will deliver you the first draft within 2 to 4 weeks, after which you will have to collaborate on the draft and take it to completion within 4 to 8 weeks. Remember that every Business is unique and depends on how involved you are as a client.
Qualities to Look for in UK Business Plan Writers
When looking to hire a business plan writer in the UK, make sure to look for the following qualities:
Experience and Qualifications
UK business plan writers have different qualifications and fields of expertise, so you should go for a writer with a Master’s degree or equivalent in business administration or a similar field. Moreover, you should also closely consider the writer’s experience, creative flare, and ability to adapt to changes.
A professional business plan writer understands the needs and wants of shareholders, investors, lenders, and other audiences so they can design the plan accordingly. They also can draft a completely customized pitch which can help put your Business in a positive light.
An excellent way to check if the business plan writer of your choice is capable is by looking for testimonials and customer reviews. Look up their social media platforms, LinkedIn profile, and website to see what customers say about them. If a writer has no portfolio or past testimonials, moving on to someone who does is better.
Solid Research Skills
Being an excellent researcher and a good business plan writer is integral. This means having a thorough understanding of the industry you are working in and the current market conditions that prevail. A professional writer will be on top of the latest changes and trends in the industry and will use that information to help you recognize potential opportunities and threats your business may face.
Moreover, they can help you devise strategies to capitalize on current trends and adapt to any other changes that may take place in the future. So, if you are looking for someone to help you get a competitive edge, hiring a business plan writer who can research thoroughly and on time is essential.
Access to Resources and Connections
Professional UK business plan writers typically have access to a wide range of resources and industry information. They can conduct comprehensive market research, collect relevant statistics, and include industry-related information in your plan. This adds a layer of credibility and reinforces the overall quality of your business plan.
Multiple Rounds of Revisions
Business plans typically require a few drafts to finalize. You will regularly have to sit down with the business plan writer and discuss which details need to be changed. To avoid any issues later, it is best to choose a writer who provides multiple rounds of revision. Be sure to discuss the kind of edits the writer will cover during the process. Modifications are inevitable, so it is best to collaborate with a writer who can accommodate that.
Someone who understands your Business
It is essential to find a business plan writer in the UK who carefully understands your Business and can thus create comprehensive financial projections. Whether starting a small business or a large factory, you will need all the finance you can receive. A business plan is your ticket to convincing potential investors and financial institutions to provide you with the required funding.
Hiring a business plan writer in the UK may be a necessary investment that will guarantee the success of your Business in many ways. Before choosing one, thoroughly research their industry knowledge, skills, experience, certifications, and revision policy if you require any future changes.
Contact us to book a free consultation with one of our senior consultants.